Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The rest of me

I mentioned in my last blog how my chest resembled a mattress. The rest of me isn't looking too spit-shine either. I was in the MD Anderson lobby today and a man of about seventy with no hair and grey skin slowly, painfully walked by. I turned to the guy next to me and asked, "Do I look like that?" He said, "Ah, well, you're a couple years younger." 

Concerned about this deterioration, I asked my doctor. I asked if increasing bad health hurts my chances for recovery. I asked him about other factors that would hurt recovery. I talked about a couple of statistics that I read and an article. He looked at me and said, "You need to watch a movie." It's a Syrian way of saying, "Chill". I think part of the grey-skinned, sunken-eye-look has to do with staying up all night and reading the Internet. A little knowledge is a bad thing. We lay people will never get a lot of knowledge. Beware the Internet. Watch a movie instead. 


1 comment: