Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Thanks

I'd like to thank all of you for attending and being a part of the Herlehy Helper. Frankly, I didn't know some of you had the disposable income and when I finally do get healthy, I know who to come to for a couple of bucks. My wife was also moved and that was without a lot of liquor. Usually, she starts crying a lot when she has too many beers and then starts singing and telling everyone how "Great" they are. It's pretty ugly. 

Some likened the festivities to a wedding. I prefer funeral but that's a little gallows humor. Anyway, I can't believe the amount of goodness that came together in one room. I am a little disappointed the bar still had booze left. What's up with that? A very heartfelt thanks goes to all those who put on such a gala. The Dunbars, the Isaacs, Mike Big Daddy Lyons and his lovely wife, David Yang and his wife (who enjoys wearing Motorhead shirts), the Rubinos, the Volkmans, Andy Clarke, all the guys at Joes and everyone else. I'd like to name everyone but then you'd get pretty bored. Please feel free to add any names I missed on the blogging, audience participation thingie part. Glenn Johnson drove all the way from North Carolina to make it. That's one helluva roadtrip. He didn't even get to meet up with Fawn Leibowitz, either. 

Here's what Sherri and I plan on doing with the money. These funds will only be tapped last. If for some ungodly reason, I actually do find my way into the Stem Cell Transplant Program sometime in this century and then come out pretty okay, we don't think we'll touch that money too much. So with whatever is left, we're going to throw a thank you party. Yes, we thought of a way to repay you and alcohol came to mind. 

Lastly, I was looking for a picture of Fawn Leibowitz for you but she's dead. Didn't you hear?

1 comment:

  1. I too would like to thank all of the people behind the scenes who helped organize this event. It was a huge success and your hard work made it happen. I didn't see any signs of paid stand-ins or extras so I'm sure everyone was there for the right reasons. :-) Well worth the road trip. It's nights like this that make us learn and appreciate who our friends are and how much they mean to us.

    As a kind, humorous individual, Michael has touched us all (sometimes inappropriately) and the proof was a standing-room only packed crowd at Joey's Brickhouse that evening.

    Michael - we don't care what you do with the money; it was given with no strings attached. All we want is for you to get better. Though you won't see us when you're in Houston, know that we're all thinking of you. Stay positive, keep smiling despite the pain and, with a few answered prayers here and there, you will prevail. Can I get an Amen?

    ReplyDelete