Monday, October 19, 2009

Hey buddy can you spare $76,000?

After two months of fighting, it has been decided that my insurance company will not pay for my proton radiation treatment. Those of you tea baggers who don't want government run health care because you're afraid decisions will be made by a bureaucrat instead of a doctor? Well, the truth is, decisions already are made by bureaucrats instead of your doctor. You just don't know it. 

My doctor is the leader in the world in radiation. He just gave a talk in Japan about it. Americans don't give talks to the Japanese about technology unless they really know their shit. He knows his shit. But the insurance company knows better, apparently. 

There are very few avenues of appeal left. It looks like I'm going to pay by weeks end. I owe $76,000. The good news is almost half of that is covered by the Herlehy Helper party. Thank you for getting drunk and bidding on cool stuff. I'll just have to come up with the rest. 

1 comment:

  1. Although my nose is messed up, do I smell a sequel? Herlehy Helper Part Deux? I hope your tests came back with the results we want. Keep the faith and keep posting.

    ReplyDelete