Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Really boring military metaphors await you. Just not today.

I'm going to start writing again. I needed to get away. And just as important, I needed to figure out how the hell to type on this damn ipad. It's very different. You'll unfortunately see a lot more typos.

I have been taking my last bullet, the sgn drug, for a couple months now. I am almost in complete remission. Still I don't feel like celebrating. My feet and hands sting for most of the day. It's like I slammed my hand open face on concrete. And then did the same for each limb. The sting is pretty sharp and constant. It's less in the morning, though and in the evening after I take this drug.

I have written some stuff to the kids. It's on my other computer. I started it when I was first diagnosed. But the writing became too emotionally difficult. I've burned bridges because things are too emotionally difficult. I'm going to write more later. Thanks for hanging in there.

3 comments:

  1. Mike, we've always been here hoping for the best. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, Michael - even though I know you never left as we've volleyed back and forth on Facebook. I'm so glad to hear you're doing so well with your latest magic bullet. Here's to you and a straight, clear path to complete recovery! Here, here. Cheers my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike- way to keep the fight going, and finally pushing it in your favor. sure it has a lot to do with the drug but also your will to never give up the fight. Sucks about all the side effects, but sounds like you've found the path to recovery. Here's to a complete recovery!

    ReplyDelete